Terms & Conditions
- This website is owned and operated by Reformation Limited. We are registered in the UK (technically "England & Wales") under number 2435840. Our registered office is at Unit 1C, Lancaster Park, Newborough Road, Needwood, Burton on Trent, DE13 9PD. Our VAT number is .
- These terms and conditions apply when you buy any goods via this site or otherwise use this site.
- We may change these terms and conditions at any time. Please check them carefully as they will apply to any new purchases made after the effective date shown above.
Right to cancel under Distance Selling Regulations
- If you are a consumer (i.e. acting for purposes outside a business), you have the right (ending 30 days following the day after delivery of goods) to cancel the contract by email to sales@TubChairs.Com or any of the other methods specified in Distance Selling Regulations, in which case we will refund the price paid for the goods plus delivery charges attributable to the cancelled item. You are required to take reasonable care of items. If you cancel, you must return the goods to our above trading address at your expense. We will charge you the direct costs of recovery if you do not comply or if you return them at our expense. (This paragraph does not apply to goods to which the right of cancellation under the Distance Selling Regulations does not apply including goods which are made to your specifications or are clearly personalised.)
- Your above rights under the Distance Selling Regulations are not affected by any separate returns policy on our website.
- Bespoke and "personally made" products can only be returned if it is defective or incorrect in production.
Payment and price
- Payment is in advance by the means stated on our website. We will only process payments if we obtain authorisation from our payment partner.
- The price for the goods you order is as stated on our site at the time you send us your order. VAT or sales tax is included unless we say otherwise.
- If we have miss-priced any item by mistake, we are not obliged to supply the item at that price provided we notify you before we dispatch it. If we do notify you, then you can decide if you want to order the item at the correct price but, if you don’t, we will provide a full refund of any payments already made.
- Delivery costs are included in the advertised prices on the website. There are no hidden charges.
- Your order is an offer to buy from us. Please check your order very carefully to ensure it is correct.
Acceptance / unavailability
- The contract is accepted once payment is taken. In such case no changes to the order or any cancellation may be made except in accordance with your legal rights (e.g. if there is a fault).
- We will only arrange for delivery once we have received full payment in cleared funds. Delivery will be to the address which you specify when ordering.
- Saturday AM deliveries are available at checkout with a £19.99 surcharge. Saturday deliveries take place before midday and are usually executed by TNT.
- We will do our best to arrange delivery on the day specified to us by you at checkout. We are not liable for late delivery to the extent that this is due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
- An extra delivery charge may become payable if no-one is present to accept delivery and either you haven’t provided alternative delivery instructions or else you fail to collect the item from a holding depot within 7 days.
- Please note that 90% of our deliveries take place via TNT. TNT offer a ‘to the door service,’ and cannot for insurance purposes, enter your premises. We recommend if ordering for an elderly friend or relative that you ensure assistance is on hand to help move the chair into their premises.
- Risk of damage or loss to the goods passes to you on delivery or if you wrongfully refuse delivery when delivery is attempted.
- In the unlikely event of your product being damaged by the carrier whilst in transit, it is very important that you take action immediately. If you suspect damage has occurred, whilst you have the driver/delivery person at your door, you should refuse delivery or ask the driver to wait whilst you unwrap your consignment to check it. If the driver cannot wait, you may sign for the delivery followed by the word UNCHECKED. Following the departure of the delivery driver, please unwrap your consignment at that time to check that it is in good order.
- If it is not in good order, please telephone us on 01283 576811 immediately as we must report any damage in transit on the same day as the delivery.
- Failure to adhere to these guidelines may result in us being unable to uplift and replace your consignment as the time constraints for notification of damage to our carrier expire at the end of the day of that delivery.
Faulty or miss-described goods
- In the case of faulty or miss-described goods please email us with the details as soon as possible. If the goods are in fact faulty or miss-described we will make arrangements with you for return of the goods to us and will provide a refund.
- Measurements are all given in centimetres and are guidelines should you want a more accurate size please give us a ring prior to placing an order with us.
Our responsibility to you
- Nothing in this agreement in any way limits or excludes our liability for negligence causing death or personal injury or for fraudulent misrepresentation or for anything which may not legally be excluded or limited.
- You must give us a reasonable opportunity to remedy any matter for which we are liable before you incur any costs remedying the matter yourself.
- We are not responsible for any loss or damage where:
- there is no breach of a legal duty of care owed to you by us or by any of our employees or agents;
- such loss or damage was not reasonably foreseeable by both parties;
- such loss or damage is caused by you, for example by not complying with this agreement; or
- Such loss or damage relates to a business.
Your responsibility to us
- You will be responsible to us for any reasonably foreseeable loss or damage we suffer arising from your breach of this agreement (subject of course to our obligation to mitigate any losses).
Contract/Commercial use of tub chairs
- For contract upholstery fabric in the UK your fabric needs to be treated to pass BS 5852 Part 2: 1990: Source 5 (Crib 5). All commercial properties in the UK have a “Duty of Care” obligation to ensure that the soft furnishings they have within their premises are treated with a fire retardant chemical to CRIB 5 level. Crib 5 is the certification required as confirmation that a fabric meets the stringent safety requirement to be able to be used in a public areas and must be adhered to comply legally.
- Sloane & Sons will provide you with a certificate as confirmation that your tub chairs have been treated to the required level. This is a fire regulation.
- Reformation Ltd trading as Sloane & Sons accepts no responsibility for supplying commercial premises with Tub Chairs where the purchaser has failed to order Contract Tub Chairs to meet the required regulations for their environment.
Intellectual property rights
- All trademarks, logos, graphics, images, photographs, animation, videos, text and software used on this site are our intellectual property. You may display or reproduce such content insofar as necessary to view it within our site for private, genuine non-commercial use. You may not otherwise retrieve, display, modify, copy, print, sell, download, hire or reverse engineer (unless permitted by applicable law) such content without our prior written consent.
Availability of our site
- We will do our best to maintain the operation of our site and to rectify faults if they occur but we cannot guarantee that it will be uninterrupted or error-free. We may have to suspend the site for repair, maintenance, improvement or other technical reason.
Dimensions and Measurements
- All of our Tub Chairs are handmade and whereas the measurements we advertise are as accurate as possible, there may be a marginal tolerance either way. All our dimensions are in centimetres and our weights in Kilograms.
Third party websites
- We may link to third party websites which may be of interest to you. We do not recommend or endorse those sites or the products or services which they offer nor are we legally responsible for them as they are outside our reasonable control. You use such third party sites at your own risk.
Act of God
- Neither you nor we are liable for failure to perform or delay in performing any obligation (excluding payment) under this agreement if the failure or delay is caused by any circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
- These T&Cs shall be governed by English law and any disputes will be decided only by the courts of the United Kingdom.
- Headings used in this agreement are for information and not binding. This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and us. Any failure by either party to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this agreement does not mean this is a "waiver" (ie that it can’t be enforced later). If any part of this agreement is ineffective or unenforceable for any reason, then it will be replaced with a provision which as far as possible achieves the same thing and the rest of the agreement shall continue to apply. A person who is not a party to this agreement shall have no rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement except insofar as expressly stated otherwise.
- If you have any complaints, please contact us via the contact details shown on our website or write to our address shown at the start of these T&Cs.
- If an uplift for a faulty item is scheduled and agreed by both parties it is the consumer’s responsibility to meet that agreement.
- If for any reason the consumer is not at the location where the uplift is taking place. Sloane & Sons reserves the right to charge the consumer to cover additional costs.